What are we up to at Tango Card?
Almost every application and SaaS platform we use today incorporates a great reward or incentive. From meeting a step goal in your company's wellness program, to completing an online or mobile survey, to referring a friend or colleague to a new service, or rewarding someone with points or credits for repeat engagement or purchase ... rewards and incentives are a key building block in our modern economy. In fact, companies globally spend $150B on these rewards and incentives today. Tango Card is leading the charge to bring this industry into the modern, digital, and mobile era. We have built an incredible digital and global catalog of rewards, we make these available to our customers via powerful and easy to use technology - primarily via our industry first RaaS (Rewards as a Service) API, and we provide incredible support to help make our customer's programs sing. We have 2,000 enterprise customers today and are backed by some incredible investors including Floodgate, FyrFly, WTI, and Innovation Endeavors.
We are a dedicated and growing team (currently 80 of us) with offices in West Seattle and Boise Idaho and are looking for some great people to join our team. Tango Card provides a welcoming and inclusive environment. We are committed to building a diverse team of people from all backgrounds
If you are a creative, problem solving, self-starter that wants to be part of a fast-paced and collaborative work environment, Tango Card could be just the place where you can make a big impact and meaningful contributions to top-notch enterprise products!
As a Business Development Director at Tango Card, you will:
- Understand complex customer business objectives
- Relate customer objectives and systems to Tango Card’s RaaS API
- Establish confidence in recommendations via product expertise, technical demos, workflow outlines, RFP/RFI responses, product roadmap discussions, and business process diagrams
- Exhibit strong understanding of core technologies used within Tango Card’s Reward Delivery Platform, the channel partners we integrate with and the methods/APIs used during integration
- Articulate selected recommendations
- Identify, prospect and develop new business opportunities
- Qualify inbound sales leads, follow up, and develop them into opportunities
- Meet a sales goal consisting of transaction volume and contribution margin
- Learn, absorb, and be able to communicate all aspects of Tango Card’s Reward Delivery Platform
- Work closely with a Customer Success Manager to grow existing business
- Be the unwavering voice of the Customer internally in every situation
Our ideal Business Development Director at Tango Card will have the following skills and experience:
- 3+ years experience in Business Development (with proven ability to execute) ideally within a high-tech, payments, or software platform environment
- 2+ years experience selling in loyalty, gift card, incentive, payments, or rewards industry
- Experience in a high-growth environment and being accountable for goals and metrics
- Proven ability to execute in complicated and ambiguous sales opportunities
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and the ability to express thoughts logically and succinctly
- Experience being “hands-on” and "self-serve" - figuring out problems, creating materials, resolving problems
- Bachelor's Degree (MBA preferred, but not essential)
People that become the most successful Tangocardians show a real fit with our values which include:
- We are transparent - we are direct, open, and honest with our communication because it helps all of us understand our business, make better decisions, and drive toward common goals.
- We simplify - we make things easier, not harder, for our customers and co-workers.
- We act like CEOs - we make the best decisions we can for Tango Card, not just what matters to us individually. We evaluate the impact our decisions will have and get things done across functional boundaries. We do what we say we will do.
- We care - we care deeply about our customers', partners', and co-workers success
- We encourage long-term value creation - we are willing to sacrifice short-term revenue for long-term value.
- We do our best work every day - we know rewards should be easy and awesome for our customers and we continually strive to deliver that experience.
What you'll get from us:
- Competitive pay
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Generous PTO and Holiday Schedule
- Hear from interesting people during our CHIPS (Chats with Interesting People Series)
- 401K matching and equity opportunities
- Dog friendly office located in the heart of West Seattle
- A Culture that fosters autonomy, creativity, ownership, and innovation